Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Left the sunshine..gotta substitute...

Hola Everyone!

I've been back from vacation for a week and am still struggling to pep my step...ugh!  I WILL say I was bitten by the sewing bug yet again (thank God!  I was scared for my sewing machine's life).  At this point I'm just sewing up random things in whatever fabric I have handy before summer ends.  I'm beyond Frankenstein at this point; it's reached "fat girl on a rampage" level now.

Here's the first victim:

McCalls 6559

This pattern is breezy easy and more importantly NOT A SLEEVELESS MUUMUU!  I had some lovely double knit in daffodil that called for a figure gracing ensemble...well this was it! Unfortunately I didn't get a shot from the back but it's slightly racerback (my fav!).

 
I LOVE IT!

B-U-T...

I could've sworn I added 2 inches to the hem so that it was floor length...WRONG! I really wanted a no non-ankle showing look but I guess we'll try next time.  This has to be one of the most comfortable dresses I've ever made (subcounciously my body agrees because my stomach didn't even TRY to hide itself smh).  Anywhoo...Love it and expect to see at least 2 more before (crying inside) summer ends.


Details:

Dress: DIY--Mcall's 6559; double knit in "daffodil"
Shoes: imports from Grenada (now officially retired)
Belt: Ashley Stewart
Bag: Louis Vuitton
Jewelry: Bracelets: imports from Trinidad; Ring: Tiffany & Co.; Necklace: Ashley Stewart


More to come...

1 comment:

  1. Pretty color!!! It looks VERY comfortable!!! I always make notes on post-its so I won't forget and stick it on the pattern. I have this one in my stash but I don't have it on the cutting board. Maybe next summer...I look forward to seeing your next two :)

    ReplyDelete