Thursday, January 3, 2013

Don't beat me...I'm back...really...

Hi Friends!!!

My sincerest apologies for ditching like a truant high school student in July...


I've been on the other side of the world (China--go there....GORGEOUS)...sick with a sinus flu thingy...celebrated 30 (woohoo) and finally found my sewing mojo!



Cutest Yeti EVAH!

Aren't I a cute Yeti??!?!?  


This vest and I were NOT friends for a long time.  In fact, we still ain't friends (yeah, I said ain't).  Three months of labor (ok, ok...2 of the months may be attributed to procrastination).  Finally done though.  It came out much cuter than I thought!





But alas...it shall probably not get worn again.  As diva as I like to be, this vest just isn't me (like my Kanye rhyme?  Haha).  I'm just proud of myself for making it.  Hours and hours of hand sewing (didn't want to mess up my machine with all that flying fur)...here are the details:

Shell:  Faux fur (duh right? hahahaha)
Lining: Quilted Silk (handstitched to faux fur)




 I think I love the inside more than the fur hahahaha.  Look how pretty that gold is...

yes...I am minus a few quarts of blood with all that daggone pinning   


NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE CREATION OF THE DIVA YETI

Time to start checking off the list! :)
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment