Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Big Fat summer challenge---knocking them down... Wear something strapless and Maxi skirt

Hola Mi Gente!

Two down on this fabulous challenge.  This was an easy one. :)  I've had this strapless top since around 2000! Isn't it lovely how old construction is still relevant and durable?  The skirt is my own DIY(aka...took a mass of fabric, sewed up on one side, hemmed, added elastic and VOILA!).

Top: Lane Bryant (when they still had the old blue label); Skirt: DIY (Batiste fabric); Bracelet: Tiffany & Co, Gifts from Trinidad, Watch: Armani Exchange, Rings: Tiffany & Co and Macy's



Simple...I love it. :)



http://www.jasiferlionsclub.com/2012/06/big-fat-summer-challenge.html

7 comments:

  1. so far I'm loving all your challenges! This one looks like a win too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Donna! This challenge is a lot of fun. :) The last few things on my list are the doozies (sewing out of my comfort zone for most of them).

      Delete
  2. You are right...simple and no fuss. Gotta love those looks. lol. You look great!!

    ~Tavia
    www.ninetofly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and you are another to envy with sewing skills. You make it sound like it was very simple. For a person like me...I can't sew a lick and it would probably be a week long project for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tavia Mac! My sewing machine and I have come to an agreement...make my garments right or come Tuesday, Thurs or Saturday, find itself on the curb waiting for Mr. Garbage man. :)

      Seriously though, I had to learn patience hardcore (plus being tired of unintentional high water pants, short long sleeves and mid-calf maxis...that's only mentioning a few issues).

      Delete
  4. love the skirts pattern, adore! You look gorg. :)

    ReplyDelete